Welcome!

Több
14 éve 1 hónapja #387450 Írta: Ankalimon
Ankalimon válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
[youtube=640,505:5s463tqn]
[/youtube:5s463tqn]

Az igazság a kis álom, amelyben az én elgondolja a világot.
A valóság a nagy álom, amelyben Isten gondolja önmagát.

Kérjük, hogy Bejelentkezés vagy vagy Fiók létrehozása, hogy csatlakozhass a beszélgetéshez!

Több
14 éve 4 hónapja #386036 Írta: Minerva
Minerva válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!

"Kard vagyok a sötétségben! A falak őre vagyok! A tűz vagyok, amely elűzi a hideget! A fény, amely elhozza a hajnalt! A kürt, amely felébreszti az alvókat!"

Kérjük, hogy Bejelentkezés vagy vagy Fiók létrehozása, hogy csatlakozhass a beszélgetéshez!

Több
14 éve 5 hónapja #384740 Írta: Thereon
Thereon válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Yepp, great new styles... I love them. Well done maytees! Cheers!

Thereon, a vándorló varázsló

Több
14 éve 8 hónapja - 14 éve 5 hónapja #383153 Írta: Sötét Úr
Sötét Úr válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Dear Friends and Allies, Who May Turn Up Here,

perhaps you did not know about our upcoming event, where we would like to greet those friends, too, who lives on distant lands and speak different language(s) (and with a bit of luck, English, too). But big things are a-wake, good times are a-coming. We have many things to hear and tell, many laughs to laugh and a good deal of fun to have together. The KÖMT (our "Creative Autumnal Artistic Meeting", which stepped forward to international level last year, and immediately formed a long-long tradition ;) ) is coming. We will join our creative powers between 22nd and 25th of October and call you to join!

For further details stay tuned or send us a message to one of the following addresses:
  • leguanember (at) tolkien (dot) hu
  • zsigmond (at) altavizsla (dot) hu
...and prepare, because The Time Is Coming!
Utolsó szerkesztés: 14 éve 5 hónapja által.

Több
14 éve 10 hónapja #379087 Írta: Leguanember
Leguanember válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Olwe, thank you for the invitation, I hope that our members will consider it.

On the international Tolkien mailing list, Helios from Spain began a discussion on the decreasing number of society members, I copied it, here it is:

"Dear fellows,
I think that one of the advantages of an International Tolkien Fellowship is the opportunity of sharing experiences, and learning from each other how to face potential or actual problems that may be common to all of us. For that reason, I would like to comment on a debate that is now being discussed in the Sociedad Tolkien Española (STE). The point of view of other Tolkien Societies would be very valuable for us.

The issue is that our Society seems to be experiencing a gradual, but important loss of members, and there is the general feeling of Tolkien readers's decreasing interest for joining it. This fact is more striking after some years of overwhelming increase of members and social impact at the beginning of this decade, attributable to the popularity of Peter Jackson's films. But many people in the STE thinks that there is something more that the stepping down of people that was just temporarily interested because of the movies. The general sensation is that even people who remain in the Society or joins it does not feel the same excitement for belonging to it than there was previously, even before the movies. Several reasons have been suggested: a change in the profile of members (generally older, with heavier work and family loads), the arising of new, funny, easier and costless ways to engage social relations and enjoying Tolkien (Internet groups and social networks), and so on. Some people think that this is a sign of the changing of times, and there is no use in struggling against it. Others feel the need of a "renewal" of the STE, to prevent its collapse in the long term... but nobody knows how that renewal should be addressed.

And now goes my question to you fellows: is that situation familiar to you? Have other Tolkien Societies experienced this feeling of "membership crisis" in a similar context, and have they decided any strategy to solve it? It is not my intention to find a "magic formula" to this problem, that I daresay is not peculiar to us. But I think that it will be very useful to know how people of other Societies see it.

Yours,
Helios De Rosario Martínez
Sociedad Tolkien Española"

The discussion goes on the mailing list, but anyone from here could be interested in...
If somebody has got any opinion, please share it and I will pass it on.

Thanks, Adam

TEGYETEK JÓT, MERT TUDTOK.
Minden más hiábavalóság.

Több
14 éve 10 hónapja #379017 Írta: Olwe
Olwe válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Hi guys,

if any of you are planning to visit the Tolkien Thing of the German Tolkien Society - do register! It's available in German and English at

thing.tolkiengesellschaft.de/

Our guests are Tom Shippey and the Dutch and Swedish societies so do come and join us - we are always happy to have from all over the world!

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373742 Írta: Felagund
Felagund válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
The smoking ruins (and the empty booze kegs) will serve as a great memento of the overwhelming destructive force of the Hungarian Hordes for the centuries to come

:twisted: :mrgreen:

Our knees do not bend easily

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja - 15 éve 5 hónapja #373740 Írta: thorondor
thorondor válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
wow, if you consider to change the date of your meeting, it would be wonderful.
if this causes any difficulties for you, please let us know. also our date is not carved in stone yet.
however, lets do everything that this first hungarian assault on castle kreuzen will be remembered for ages.

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373702 Írta: Felagund
Well if the honored high presidency is so generous, I am just too happy to comply :D

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373700 Írta: Kincső
Kincső válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Yeah, on the one hand we need people to help on this Final, on the otherhand some of the leading organizers (sorry my English is not the best so early like now :oops: :D ) are also interested in your meeting so I really suggest changing the date of the Final. And as I am the "boss" of the competition I think we will do that :twisted: :D

"...asztaltalan szó-malaszttal..."

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373693 Írta: Leguanember
Actually we have it in our power to change the scheduling of the Tolkien Competition's Final, and we do so, I think now.

We promised, and we will be there in spring.

Minden más hiábavalóság.

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373672 Írta: Ben
Ben válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!

Sil írta: Since I won't be at TLV, I'm still interested. :)

Me too. :)

basking in the sunshine of a bygone afternoon,
bringing sounds of yesterday into this city room.

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373669 Írta: Sil
Sil válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!

thorondor írta: so we are looking forward to welcome you to our spring meeting Mereth Ethuil at castle Kreuzen (located near the danube between vienna and linz).
the date will be 24-26 april 09!

Since I won't be at TLV, I'm still interested. :)

Noldor, blood is on your hands
Tears unnumbered
You will shed and dwell in pain

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja - 15 éve 5 hónapja #373667 Írta: Orsie
Orsie válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
I'm am not going to take part on the TLV but and I am very interested about the spring meeting so hopefully you can count on me :)
/Wolfgang: nicht "bärli" nennen, bitte ;) /

"in the real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning."

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373656 Írta: Felagund
Damit, we have the final of TLV (Tolkien Mailing Competition) on 25th April...

This is just no good... :(

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373653 Írta: thorondor
thanks a lot for translating, bärli!
of course we understand, that you cannot come to this meeting. you got a good excuse ;-)

so we are looking forward to welcome you to our spring meeting Mereth Ethuil at castle Kreuzen (located near the danube between vienna and linz).
the date will be 24-26 april 09!
to early to have more infos available, but we will send you an invitation when we have!

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373387 Írta: Orsie
Sil, thanks!
I have translated the relevant information and put my message to this topic.
by the way, the event will be not in Wien, it will be in St. Georgen am Reith (Niederösterreich).

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373305 Írta: Sil
Sil válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Orsie: these are the relevant topics:
www.oetg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1288
www.oetg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1149
I can speak some German too. Actually, at university I had a minor in German Translation (for business texts), but I never had the chance to use it professionally. I've forgotten quite a lot (even though I work at a German company), and I was always better in writing than in speech, so I could use some practice too... :oops: So don't hesitate if you need some translation. In the weekends I'm usually available and online.

I'm afraid I can't take part in the november meeting, but I'm very much interested in the springtime one. (As I live nearly 200km from Budapest (that's 3,5 hours by bus or train), our general meeting on the 22th is a whole-day-programme for me, and on Friday I have to work as I don't have enough free days left this year. :( But in spring I hope I can make it.) When does that one usually take place?

Noldor, blood is on your hands
Tears unnumbered
You will shed and dwell in pain

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja - 15 éve 5 hónapja #373296 Írta: Orsie
please give me the relevant homepage, I can translate it.
I had conversations with Wolfgang and the others in german as well :D /I love speaking and practicing german, so do not hesitate ;) )

I am also interested in the springtime meeting, unfortunately at the moment I don't think I could manage to go to Wien :(

I hope Ancalima can visit you in november!

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja - 15 éve 5 hónapja #373292 Írta: Leguanember
Dear Wolfgang and Company! :P

Thank you for inviting us, and I think our coming is not impossible, though requires hard thinking.

On Saturday there is full program of our member's official meeting, so the day before and the day after could be available.
As you said, Wien is not far away, it's about two hours' driving I think.

So we will ask the people, and soon will answer to you.
For having better circumstances to decide, would you be so kind to send some more information about Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva? Especially about programs on Friday or Sunday with timing could help us, I think.

Actually, I can see your homepage, and I understand some German, so if there is any special things to know, than write of them.

Minden más hiábavalóság.

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373290 Írta: Ben
Ben válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Hmm, it sounds good and interesting and even I don't plan to go our general meeting (ha-ha), and Wien is close to us, but in my case it intensely depends on time and money and by now I don't have so much neither. :( (But I want to go to your springtime meeting.)

But as Felagund says, yeah, maybe Ancalima would be the perfect one. :twisted:

basking in the sunshine of a bygone afternoon,
bringing sounds of yesterday into this city room.

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373285 Írta: Felagund
Be greeted, o glorious Fionwe! :D

We are really pleased by your invitation but unfortunately the general meeting of the Hungarian Tolkien Society will take place on 22th November...

I am really sorry to say that it's most unlikely that we shall send a delegation... :(

(unless we can convince Ancalima - who lives in Wien - to stand for us :D )

Anyway, have fun!

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373283 Írta: thorondor
we had a great time at your meeting, the hobbits in us have been very pleased ;-)
so thanks for inviting us and sharing this weekend. looks like a special friendship between the TGs of slovenia, hungary and austria has been started this year. now we need more meetings. and soon ...

waht about this?
welcome to the Cottage of Lost Play. the Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva meeting of the Austrian TG takes place in november (21-23). it is a very non-formal meeting, where there is no program but having a good time. people are playing games of all sorts, sitting together to talk and eat and drink. all a most honourable hobbit may think of.

this event is moving within austria, and this year the vienna smial is in charge of it. so the location is quite good for hungary!
any interest? i will be happy to give you more infos.

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #373220 Írta: Orsie
dear slovenian and austrian friends, i have put my pictures to the net, you can find them here: CLICK
tar.hu is not ready with the thumbnail making yet, but if you (double)click on a picture itself, you can see it in original size. i will put some of the pix to Facebook as well.

i also wanted to thank you for coming to Hungary and i hope you enyojed the 3 days in Zebegény, it was great to meet you. hope to see you all soon :)

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #372959 Írta: Patiszon
Patiszon válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!

Alyr Arkhon írta: and "the-guy-who-was-the-dragon" (sorry I don't remember your name), our Dragon

:) He is Martin :)
Special thanks all of you :)
Pati

A barát dolga az is, hogy szemére vesse barátjának, ha ostobaságot akar elkövetni.

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #372665 Írta: Alyr Arkhon
Alyr Arkhon válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
That was great!

So many thanks all of you!

Special thanks to the warriors,
to Marvin, our Túrin
to Wolfgang, our Eonwë
to Dorian (I'm sorry, but I don't understand your name exactly), our Balrog
and "the-guy-who-was-the-dragon" (sorry I don't remember your name), our Dragon

I hope you enjoyed our "Order of the warriors".

Alyr (Lord Morgoth)

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended"
/Cynewulf/

"Nem táncol többé pázsiton
Aranyerdőben tündelány"
/SÚ/

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #372587 Írta: Sötét Úr
Wow, guys, it was great! I hope everybody arrived home safely and without any (major) disorientation. (Is this the right word? The dictionary told it is, but I am not sure...)
I put some pictures to my site, click the titles: KÖMF at Zebegény and Budapest Sightseeing . If you click the Slovenian or German flag, the album framework changes to Slovenian or German language. Unfortunately only the framework, but you may find what you need even this way. :D
So many thank you, friends, that you've been here (there)! Thousand words are not enough to tell it, so let there be only one: THANKS!

SU

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #372450 Írta: Sötét Úr
How to say beer in Hungarian? In any language of your choice. ;) Zebegény is close to Slovakian border, so it is very likely that they understand "pivo". But "bier" or "beer" is usually understood even there, where they look blank if you say "hello" as greetings...

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #372448 Írta: Alyr Arkhon
Alyr Arkhon válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!

marvin írta: I forgot how to say beer in Hungarian

Not a hard word.
I think you will learn it so fast. :D

(The name of beer in hungarian is "sör". "S" like german "sch" or english "sh", "ö" like german "ö" or latin "oe", "r" like... "r". )

Good luck for the practice.

(And sorry for my english if I wrote a mistake)

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended"
/Cynewulf/

"Nem táncol többé pázsiton
Aranyerdőben tündelány"
/SÚ/

Több
15 éve 5 hónapja #372441 Írta: marvin
marvin válaszolt a következő témában: Welcome!
Whoa, so much answers in so little time. I am impressed and thankfull.
In comparisson to Slovenia beer is cheap. Which is great.

I forgot how to say beer in Hungarian so I will have to resort to hand signals. But I think I can make due.

And I dont know what a traditional currency is. There were three different currencies in my lifetime.

Ok one more quote before I sing off: "If this is a crisis, make it last!"
Ok now I have to go and approach math problems in a calculating manner.
marvin

Moderátorok: GandalfAlyr ArkhonKincsőMetafloraAlew
Oldalmegjelenítési idő: 0.480 másodperc

SSL Security
Comodo SSL Certificate

Vissza a lap tetejére